Thursday, October 7, 2010

Playing with Goat Fluffer and going to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass


Wow, talk about two different animals! Punkish doom and bluegrass.


We played with Goat Fluffer at the StarryPlough on Sept. 25. Many thanks to those who came out. We did a more rockin' set to suit the occasion. Goat Fluffer lived up to the promised 4 women, 3 bassists, 2 Rachels, 1 drummer and all doom. Orphans of Alien's brand of metal had a more character to it than just being metal. Their guitarist had just left the band so I (Paul Pot) ended up being the only pope of guitar for the evening. Of course, we got very few photos of us, so here is the stage backdrop for those who missed the show or just want to see it again.


I had a great time at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Saw so much to list like Patti Smith, Randy Newman, Ralph Stanley, and about 8other acts. Laughed when Kinky Friedman said, "I never say fuck in front of a C-H-I-L-D." I was disappointed that his bandmember played kazoo as a joke as I take my kazoo very seriously. Oh well.


I am always remiss in updating this blog and apologize for that. I should be more cyber than I tend to be.


Come see us play with David Matela on October 9th in Hayward and/or check out our Wheel of Fortune Studio Orchestra at the Starry Plough 9th Annual Murder Ballads Bash. Wow, two nines in our next two gigs. Any of you numerologists out there know what that means?

No comments:

Post a Comment